Thursday 4 April 2013

Travel Journal


Hey crafty people; today I share with you a travel journal I made using the super awesome World Traveler collection by Carta Bella.  I totally loved the vintage look of this collection and the colours are awesome...rich reds, vintage greens, greys and blacks!  I teamed it with a variety of creme, dark red, brown and kraft card stock - I had the perfect book for it too! With the exception of lace, paper clips and a few bits and pieces Paper Lane stocks everything I used on this project!

Lets take a look at the cover shall we...luckily the cover of the book I used has an old leathery look to it - perfect yes?!  I adhered some beige crochet lace on the spine and a matching doily to help accent the vintage look.  Cut outs from the pages, stickers and chipboard accents complete the look!  I also used a white dabber to create a bit of a worn look.  The leathery strips wrap around the book perfectly securing whatever you have inside.
 I love how bulky the journal is!
For this project I also used from the collection the travel cards, element and alpha stickers, chipboard accents, layered stickers and journaling cards - Paper Lane also stacks the 6x6 paper pad, matching brads and washi tape. I love how this journal turned out - it is totally ready for a vacation - all you have to do is journal daily, collect memorabilia and take oodles of snap shots!
The inside cover reads "packed my bags", it also boasts a map I fussy cut from the paper collection and holds place to insert the flight ticket, boarding passes etc.  Take a photo as you are ready to leave... with your luggage around you and your biggest grin of excitement ever and slip it under the twine on the creme card stock photo mat provided.

There are 14 kraft pages in the journal - each page divided by a creme journaling paper insert - I bought a pad of parchment paper, printed a date space and writing lines and tore and inked the edges with vintage photo distress ink.  I don't know about you but when I go on vacation I love to journal about my day - what we did, saw, ate, etc and to insert any collectibles under a paper clip...see one of my pages below.
There far too many pages in this journal to showcase so I will showcase just a few...enjoy!
I slipped a regular clothing safety pin through the twine of the two tags and adhered to the "get up and go" sentiment before gluing it onto the paper doily - I love the  outcome because the tags lift up, is totally movable, leaving space for a photograph to be admired.  The paper to the left reads the days of the week, is not glued down and slips under the paper clip (good place for the photograph to be slipped under)  I embossed the words relax and travel with white embossing powder.
I found an airmail envelope in my stash, cut it down to size, punched a half circle, inked and added some embellishments   Plus I only adhered it to the left and right so one can easily slide some memorabilia under the top of the envelop  The checkered ribbon on the deep red card stock unties to reveal place for 6 of your favourite snapshots
I left the one side blank for the user to maximize; I have done this on several different locations throughout out the journal.  On the other side I created a double page pocket with the parchment paper and memorabilia can be inserted in on top and in the pocket provided!  The page turns to reveal a double photograph spread on the other side - great way to make usage!
Three photo mats for great snapshots here and it also allows for all kinds of collectibles to be inserted plus the tags are also available for notes or anything you wish to record on it.
The journaling cards in this collection are awesome!  Two of them are tucked under the side flap on the right and are held together with a paper clip.  Each journaling card has a super image with a sentiment and is a post card on the flip side so it could actually be used as a post card for friends on family while you are on vacation!

Imagine taking a journal like this along with you on your next trip??!!  A travel journal makes a better keepsake than a disc of photographs - I mean how often do you take out the disc to look at the photographs??  With a journal like this you can slip it off your shelf and page through the memories whenever you feel like it AND you can show it to your friends and boast about it too.

See you all soon and happy crafting...Janine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and love them all; its like chocolates - I am addicted. See you again some time soon, hugs