Wednesday 12 September 2012

Vintage mini shadow box

Hey crafty people...today I want to share with you a recent project...

I created a mini shadow box within a box using my cameo.  As you all know I won the cameo and was over the moon - not only because it was a CAMEO but because I had never won anything before so YAY for me !!!

I cut the box design on dark brown card stock -  cut it twice for extra strength and of course attached it with double sided tape.  The picture below is the box at a glance..


The image below is a close up of the cover of the box...


I used paper from the Prima Printery collection and plenty of flowers by Prima, WOC and IAR   Black soot and brushed corduroy distress ink was used for this project


The antique looking leaf in the corners are by Jolees Boutique.  I cut in half a black lace blingy type flower from my stash and stuck it under the beautiful Prima roses for additional effect  I made the white beaded string myself with glossy accents, clear jewelry string and small plain white beads


I hot glued this beautiful black lace on the cover - it is not stuck down and can also serve as a pocket for a note or a trinket or little tag etc  I randomly added some peach pearl beads for additional effect


The above image shows the inside of the box  Lovely black lace lines the  "shelves" on either side


I used the same black lace for the inside of the lid and as the image shows, it also acts as a pocket  The crown tag is from the London Market collection  The chipboard butterfly is by Prima and I adhered black blingy flowers to the creme lace flowers


I chose the crown tag to match the crown trinket I have in the bottom left section of the box; a cameo photo image on the wall, some dark navy blue roses tied with creme seam binding and a heart trinket, and a Tim Holtz hanger complete that section


The big creme flower I bought at a home decor shop and its perfect for this box.  On either side there is a black sandal and a bag to match - on the 'floor' of the section is the other half of the black lace blingy type flower I used on the lid


On the right side..on top... I have a black flower that looks incredibly like a hat - has beautiful gold edging.  Also some beautiful lace from WOC.  The bottom section boasts a Melissa Francis vial with gold beads.  Next to that is a black cotton reel and a Bo Bunny trinket on the wall - super cute right?!


I threaded some jute through the holes in the black lace and adhered to the sides of the box...for that final touch I added some flat back pearls 


I hot glued a brad in the centre of the box, looped some jute under a flower and that acted as my fastener - super simple ladies.


So that's it for my box; my daughter's friends are coveting the box so I will be making 3 more very soon - order from them :-). 

If you are interested in making this project for yourself send me a PM.

The kit includes the box - cut and scored; the paper, the flowers, the lace, brad, jute, everything you see and PDF instructions.  It's a fun project and I can also supply a kit in a shabby chic style

That is all for now ladies, hope you are all crafting away...leave a comment and come back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and love them all; its like chocolates - I am addicted. See you again some time soon, hugs