Friday 8 June 2012

Butterfly Mini Album

I made this chipboard mini album using the Susan Winget speciality paper stack by K&Company. These papers are absolutely stunning - it was quite difficult to cut it :-)


The flowers are from Prima; I rubbed some gold glitter on it for some additional definition.  The swirl bling is also from Prima and I added a red stone to accent the eye of the bird.  The bird in the acorn is an embellishment I bought locally and I think it suits the cover perfectly.  The gold leaves behind the Prima flowers and ribbons and fibres are from my stash.  I bound the album with black ring binders.  "Memories" at the bottom of the right hand corner is from the embellishments from this collection. 


The butterflies and dragonflies are from the collection.  I added different gemstones to the bodies of the dragonflies.  I made a pocket for the tags and used a Tim Holtz adage ticket on each page throughout the album.  The roses I bought in Malaysia at a flea market.


I used the bottom of a paper bag on the left hand page; covered it with paper from the collection and inserted a few tags.  I used my scraps to punch some mini flowers, added little gemstones and glossy accented all of them. On the right hand side I made an acetate picket.  The green glittery swirls are part of the collection.  


Both pages have acetate pockets decorated with embellishments from the collection and fussy cut images from the papers


The pocket insert on the right I made with paper bags - I love using envelopes and paper bags in the creation of a mini album!

Thia is my favourite page in the mini.  The embellishments are hot glued onto acetate which acts as pockets to slide your photos behind.


This Susan Winget collection has some awesome embellishments - a must try for all who love butterflies, dragonflies, swirls and flowers.

The square on the right hand side opens up to reveal photo mats for 6 photos as shown in the image below. 


Behind this pull out is a secret envelope to contain a note that is special to you!


The back of the mini album.  The white flower and butterfly are part of the decorative paper.  All I did was apply some glossy accents for additional effect.


I love the look of this album!  Several people have offered to buy it but far its still resting on a shelf in my craft room.  I will know when its owner arrives :-)

Thanks for stopping by...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and love them all; its like chocolates - I am addicted. See you again some time soon, hugs